[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-08-27
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:43:08 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
3 September 18:00 CEST (16:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8
* Work continues towards Beta.
* Decision was made to keep supporting 32 bit for the first Blender 2.8
release, then we re-evaluate based on number of downloads and feedback.
* Antonio works on grease pencil armature modifier (reviewed by Joshua),
and new operators for stroke and color selection.
* Bastien made progress on getting static overrides to fully replace
proxies. Simple rigs work, spring production rigs still have more issues to
* Brecht worked on workspaces and UI.
* Campbell continues work on the tool system.
* Clément added back a lot of missing 3D viewport drawing features. Next
week will investigate Intel graphics issues.
* Dalai finished bringing back motion tracking drawing, and added multi
object editing to various operators.
* Sergey worked on multires (reshape, apply deform, ..), next is to make it
work for sculpting.
2) Other Projects
* Module owners list was updated to reflect current active developers.
* Library updates continue, Windows ones expected to be committed soon.
* Mantaflow branch is proposed to be merged into blender2.8, codereview
needed first. Sergey volunteered, other developers are invited to help as
* Some unit tests are failing, particularly on Windows and 32 bit (see bug
tracker). Developers are asked to fix them, it also helps platform
maintainers to check if things are running ok.
More information about the Bf-committers