[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-08-20
sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:45:25 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
27 August 10:00 CEST (08:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8
- Dalai did a lot of work bringing motion tracking back to usable state in,
including reconstruction drawing in viewport, camera backgruond setup, clip
playback in viewport.
- Sebastian Koenig is working on porting "Setup Tracking Scene" to
collection, shadow catcher and other modern 2.8 technologies.
- Sergey got multires modifier to work on CPU using OpenSubdiv. Tools and
sculpting surrounding multires are the next in line.
- Martin Felke worked on proposal for fracture modifier in 2.8:
- There is a call for content: default studio lights:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for-content-studio-lights/1869 You can
also watch video about the call: https://youtu.be/so7rCVlIoXg
- Work is being done on Armature support for grease pencil objects.
- Weekly reports:
* Bastien Montagne:
* Brecht Van Lommel:
* Campbell Barton:
* Clément Foucault:
* Sergey Sharybin:
2) Google Summer of Code
- All mentors please make sure you've submitted the evaluation form!
3) Other topics
- Libraries update is in progress, OSL needs some work from Blender side to
solve crashes. Also, OSL doesn't currently build on 32bit platforms.
- We've got new committer: Vuk Gardašević (aka lijenstina), welcome aboard!
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin
More information about the Bf-committers