[Bf-committers] git warning?

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 07:49:25 CEST 2018

Hi,

Oh? Hmm that's odd, the blender_multimail pyc file is still old, so it
would appear that one wasn't called yet, or it's pyc file would have been
recreated after I edited the py file:

  -rwxr-xr-x  1 git  git  85296 Aug 20 06:01 blender_multimail.py*
  -rw-r--r--  1 git  git  78850 Jun  8  2016 blender_multimail.pyc

Unless it's meant to be git_daemon instead of git id, which is quite
possible since git_daemon is the process it's running as. Let me make the
dir group writable and see if it gets created as git_daemon, and could
explain why the daemon process can't recreate the file, but could always
run/read it.

Ah, I also see the hoot/update and similar files for bf repo have an old
python2 env shebang. Let me update that and then track down all the old
ones.

At a glance it seems that some are bash, but most are python2:

#> find ./ -type f -name post-receive -exec head -n1 '{}' + | grep python2
==> ./blender-addons.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2
==> ./blender-translations.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2
==> ./blender.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2
==> ./gitosis-admin.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2
==> ./blender-addons-contrib.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2
==> ./phabricator.git/hooks/post-receive <==
#!/usr/bin/env python2

Okay, I changed those few files to python2.7. Also, a `grep 'python2'
*/hooks/*` now shows only:

  blender-addons-contrib.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
  blender-addons.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
  blender-translations.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
  blender.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
  gitosis-admin.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
  phabricator.git/hooks/post-receive:#!/usr/bin/env python2.7

So hopefully that is fixed now. Also, sorry for the hassle! These old
systems collect dust ;)

Note: $5 says we break mail again when I remove 2.7 :D

Dan