[Bf-committers] Blender Compile Error

Ágoston Princz agoston.a.princz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 00:23:58 CEST 2018

It worked! Thanks a lot!

Just two more (beginner) question:

1.
On Blender Wiki (https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender/Windows) I
read that:

*"Once the build finishes you'll get a message like this, pointing to the
freshly built Blender:" *

Blender successfully built, run from:
C:\blender-git\build_windows_Full_x64_vc14_Release\bin\Release

I did not get that message, but the file structure was there, and could
start Blender. So I guess it is OK. Isn't it?

2.
make full command means compile the last stable/official release Blender
version?
What if I would like to compile the experimental 2.8 version?
Or I have to step back to the git command?

git submodule foreach git checkout master

And the master means the stable/official release?

Thank you in advance

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 5:51 PM, Brian Dube <brian at bdubeit.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In your pasted output is the message that you need to install the "Desktop
> development with C++" workload. Some of the Visual Studio components needed
> to build blender are not installed by default. Launch Visual Studio
> Installer, choose "Modify" and then install the Desktop C++ workload.
>
> Good luck,
> Brian
>
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:21 PM, Ágoston Princz <
> agoston.a.princz at gmail.com <mailto:agoston.a.princz at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Visual Studio is detected but the "Desktop development with C++" workload
> has not
> been installed

Princz Ágoston