[Bf-committers] Blender Compile Error

Ágoston Princz agoston.a.princz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:21:47 CEST 2018

I'm sorry about that. I used command like this:

make full verbose

So the (verbose) message was that:

*"svn   : C:\Program Files\SlikSvn\bin\svn.execmake : C:\Program
Files\CMake\bin\cmake.exegit   : C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exeNo
explicit msvc version requested, autodetecting version.Detecting msvc
2017"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe"
-latest  -requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64`Visual
Studio is detected but the "Desktop development with C++" workload has not
been instlledDetecting msvc 2015Visual Studio 2015 not found.Compiler
Detection failed. Use verbose switch for more information.Visual Studio not
found (try with the 'verbose' switch for more information)"*

Installing Visual Studio was okay. After the first lunch there was an
message:

*"Sign in to start using your Azure credits...etc."*

There was an option to skip it. I chose *"Not now, maybe later."*
But after that when it said: *"We're preparing for first use. This may take
a few minutes."*
It took around 30 minutes when I realized something not right. So I shut it
down via Task Manager.
After that I could not start Visual Studio so I restarted my computer and
after that Visual Studio was started. It seemed everythings fine.
So I assume that some steps have been missed, some configuration things at
the first start of the VC.

Thanks!

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:10 PM, Ray Molenkamp <ray at lazydodo.com> wrote:

> pasteall.org is kinda  terrible for windows build logs though, since it
> eats all the forward slashes,
> so you'd better use any of the other paste sites out there for those
>
> --Ray
>
> On 8/11/2018 2:32 PM, Sergey Sharybin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Don't think you can attach pictures in this mailing list. It is also more
> > helpful to see error messages as plain text (that how they are reported
> in
> > the first place ;).
> >
> > Anyway, to share text snippets, screenshots, .blend files you can use
> > pasteall.org. Or, alternatively, plain-text only hastebin.com. Send link
> > here and we will have a look.
> >
> > That being said, i did not see visual studio ever installed incorrectly,
> > unless you pull you computer power plug out for the socket during
> install :)
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:28 PM Ágoston Princz <
> agoston.a.princz at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Blender Developers
> >>
> >> I'm not sure that is the right place to send message like this.
> >> If it is the case, please tell me where to ask about compile errors.
> >>
> >> Other case: I had that error message (attached picture).
> >> Is it possible that Visual Studio Community Version was installed
> >> incorrectly?
> >>
> >> Thansk a lot!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ágoston Princz