[Bf-committers] Library updates for Blender 2.8

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:54:58 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Regarding how to get this moving further, I had a quick talk with Sergey.
To avoid the Linux part being a bottleneck, I suggest to update the Windows
and macOS libraries as soon as they are ready, and commit the build
environment CMake changes alongside them. It's not a big deal if the
platform versions are out of sync for a bit, and Sergey can do the
corresponding updates for Linux when he has time.

So Ray and Arto can just coordinate committing these changes amongst
themselves. If any C/C++ code needs to change we can use #ifdef's, which we
want anyway in case Linux users are compiling against different library
versions.

Thanks,
Brecht.