[Bf-committers] this really hurts

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 02:58:19 CEST 2018

Hi Ton and friends ..

reading this

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/physics/soft_body/introduction.html#typical-scenarios-for-using-soft-bodies

I was .. I don't know what .. shocked dazzled .. what ever  .. there are
a least a few 10 users (real artists IMHO)  .. can prove that with a
event on blender artists --- which use enjoy and really need th soft
body module as it is .. rather gave suggestions for better integration
as position on the modifier stack. Point is : they use the soft body
module as a refinement tool to add a little more spice to their
animation .. in opposite to 'artists' expecting the software to do the
art for them. Say it load : a bouncing cube is not art .. I would even
be so hard to say : ' Well you made your homework' .. sometimes better
.. most times .. 'well yes it works and where is yours ?'

What I want to point out is:

The soft body module was designed to add a little jiggle to an almost
perfect animation as presented by Enrico Valenza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLnY-OFUBzM

no cloth no wind blown curtains .. yes the soft body module can be
abused for that

. we wanted to jiggle a penguin  .. to see yes .. looks good .. ah yes
now that you show me I see  it jiggles .. but do not all penguins do?

at least when dancing.

well they do and not recognizing the artist did use a physics engine is
art!