[Bf-committers] Building Blender

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Sun Apr 29 21:00:52 CEST 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 11:05 AM, John Emmas <john at creativepost.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 29/04/2018 15:27, Ray Molenkamp wrote:
>
>> the libs are a couple of gigabytes and having to do it twice is sometimes
>> problematic
>>

> Thanks Ray,
>
> This might seem like a dumb question but can the subversion modules be
> downloaded incrementally somehow?  I installed a proper copy of subversion
> and began my download.  It downloaded about 1.2GB and then just stopped...
> ;-(

To limit downloads to directory level granularity (not perfect, since some
libraries are still large):

Option #1:

  Create a skeleton directory structure of the repo, then checkout each
individual library directory with-in it. This will require updating each
checkout separately to keep them current.

Option #2 (if it still works in svn):

  Use "svn co -N" to checkout the base directory, followed by "svn update
-N" for each intermediate directory (if any), and finally a normal "svn
update" for each leaf directory (i.e. library). Once all significant
directories are updated, run "svn update" on the base directory to tidy
up/fill in anything missing. After this, only a single update will be
required to keep the entire tree current.

Note: After "svn co -N", the sub-directories won't be visible (or if doing
option #1). You can use "svn ls <repo-url>[/<path>]" to get the names for
the yet-to-be created directories.

-Chad