[Bf-committers] Building Blender

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 15:19:19 CEST 2018

On 29/04/2018 11:41, John Emmas wrote:

> I uninstalled SVN a long time ago so I guess I'll need to find it again.

Okay...  I realised why SVN isn't installed here any more (it's because
TortoiseGit can also handle SVN repos).

So I tried cloning, like so:-

     git.exe svn clone
"https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/windows_vc14"
"F:\Test\lib\windows_vc14" -T trunk -b branches -t tags

and I see these messages:-

     Initialized empty Git repository in F:/Test/lib/windows_vc14/.git/
     Using higher level of URL:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/windows_vc14 =>
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender
     W: Ignoring error from SVN, path probably does not exist: (160013):
Filesystem has no item: File not found: revision 100, path
'/trunk/lib/windows_vc14'
     W: Do not be alarmed at the above message git-svn is just searching
aggressively for old history.
     This may take a while on large repositories

For a few minutes it seems as if things are happening but eventually it
fails to fetch anything from 'trunk/lib/windows_vc14', giving me this
error:-

     Can't create session: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender'
     : Error running context: Software caused connection abort at
/mingw32/share/perl5/site_perl/Git/SVN.pm line 184.

Any ideas anyone..?

John