[Bf-committers] Building Blender

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Sun Apr 29 12:25:59 CEST 2018

On Windows and OSX, the library dependencies are prebuilt and get
downloaded as part of the build instructions (see the SVN step,
"Checkout 32/64 Bit libraries") because compiling all of them as part of
the regular build process would be too complex.
On Linux, there's a script that installs depencencies from the package
manager.

Details can be found here:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/build_files/build_environment/
- specifically, install_deps.sh is the script for Linux and the
CMakeLists.txt in that folder is a CMake project that will generate the
precompiled libraries.