[Bf-committers] Building Blender

John Emmas john at creativepost.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 12:18:58 CEST 2018

On 29/04/2018 10:53, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> See here for our build instructions on Windows:
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows

Thanks Brecht - those are the instructions I followed this morning
(although I haven't reached the stage of running CMake yet).

I'm curious about the 3rd-party dependencies.  It looks like some are
needed (boost / sndfile / vorbis / tiff etc) although they're not listed
in the section that's called "Install the dependencies". Are they
expected to be already present on the build system?  Or does CMake go
away and fetch them somehow?  I'm only asking because I haven't been
able to find a list of library dependencies anywhere...

John