[Bf-committers] GSoC students: welcome!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Apr 27 09:22:42 CEST 2018

Hi students,

Quick follow-up; this weekend I will set up a mailing list for GSoC 2018.
Community bonding period started, please check on our existing channels!

https://www.blender.org/get-involved/developers/

Most of our contributors use IRC. New is our 'discourse' forum on devtalk.blender.org. Warmly recommended too.

News: we already have one dropout... Abdulrahman Al-Sharabati (nick alekulyn, fast I/O) accepted another job last minute, too late to inform Google so we could select one of the other good I/O proposals. Google took this as feedback from us on board, in cases like this we would have really preferred to then have a backup candidate. There were 8 proposals for the IO topic, of which at least half eligible.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands