[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-04-16
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:46:53 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's 09 UTC (10 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 23rd
April 17 UTC (18 CET).
1) Blender 2.79
So far there are only bugs affecting addons. We will re-visit this in June
after the code quest.
2) Blender 2.8 and Code Quest
* We are removing Texface from DNA. That will lead to old files not being
fully-converted to 2.8. We need to investigate if we support in a last 2.7
release an option to save 2.8 friendly file.
* Ton Roosendaal proposes to post links to all logs, docs, videos etc at
end of meeting minutes.
* We also need protocol for where things go. For instance code.blender.org
for reports or end user docs, dev.blender.org for technical reviews/designs.
* Most importantly, aside from internal matters most of the communication
should go through our public channels (bf-committers in particular).
* As for reporting our progress so far we have a placeholder page for
weekly tasks, and a workboard intended to be used by the code quest
We will see by the end of the week if this will work, to be reported back
here next week.
3) Google Summer of Code
* It is the last hours to choose students. Anyone who reviewed students
please login and check (and apply as mentor where you want to).
* Ton will do final check today as well.
4) Code quest links:
* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-04-13:
* Placeholder page for weeklies:
* Code quest workboard:
More information about the Bf-committers