[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-09-25
ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 25 19:27:59 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 16 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 2 Oct, 08 UTC (10 CEST).
1) Blender 2.79 release
- No showstoppers have been reported, just some regressions. We will keep checking weekly.
We need some kind of protocol for defining when to do 2.79a, b, etc. And it shouldn't
distract everyone from 2.8x work!
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- The Eevee planning and roadmap doc:
- Clement Foucault worked on AA in viewports.
- Bastien Montagne keeps working on the asset management system. Weekly report shows mostly tracker work:
- Sergey works on the dependency graph, the Copy on Write feature to allow duplication
and allow multiple states for same data (render, view, animation).
He expects to have working system within a week. This will bring back modifiers and animation.
- Dalai Felinto will present a technical 2.8 design doc, reviewed by the core dev team. It's meant
to settle a lot of technical details to speedup work and allow contributions from everyone.
- Mike Erwin will check with Daniel Stokes to align work on glTF.
3) Other projects
- GSoC: Howard Trickey is working on getting patches for vertex paint branch ready for review,
not quite there yet.
- Martin "scorpion81" Felke will read up on Sergey's depsgraph work, to check on a design
to put his Fracture branch in 2.8. The main topic to solve is a good generic cache system.
In a follow-up discussion meeting concluded that Alembic is not a good choice for it. (Files
get too large).
- Plan remains to bring back working 2.7x particles/modifiers in 2.8 first. A new nodes system
for this is a more of a midterm project, and not a first 2.8 goal.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers