[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - 2017-09-18
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:03:11 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 08 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
Note: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 25 Sept, 16 UTC (18 CEST).
Today was a bit informal and we mostly made a 2.8 meeting out of it.
1) Grease pencil
- Hero  was announced this week. This will be a grease pencil open
project to be produced with Blender 2.8. For that we will need to have
greasepencil-object branch merged in 2.8.
- The goal is to merge it before the production starts mid-October.
- Campbell Barton and Joshua Leung are looking at making sure the
branch is fully buildable, so review can start soon.
2) Proposal for feature removal and deprecation
- Campbell Barton suggests developers to take a look at T52805. This
is a parent task for stuff which is proposed for removal, so people
get a chance to respond.
3) Design decisions
- We are reaching a few showstoppers in 2.8 due to lack of consensus
in a few design areas. We need to find a way to solve design issues
and make decisions on it.
- Ton Roosendaal suggests a meeting this week for developers working
fulltime or contributing to Blender 2.8 project. He will arrange the
date and time and communicate the involved parties.
4) Weekly reports:
Have a great work week everyone,
More information about the Bf-committers