[Bf-committers] Libsndfile version mismatches

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 16:35:43 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm fine with updating to 1.0.28. Just gave it a test and backported
libsndfile as a package to release environment. Now it's as difficult as
dpkg -i now.

Perhaps we should just call it a request to bump version of the lib, and
maybe list version on wiki.

I don't see big reason why it's dynamic library. Maybe was precompiled or
so. If you compile it yourself, feel free to make it static,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM, Ray Molenkamp <ray at lazydodo.com> wrote:

> While tracking down T52756, I stumbled on some version mismatches in our
> versions of libsndfile.
>
> Windows vc12 x86/x64 1.0.25
> Windows vc14 x86/x64 1.0.26 (which has a seeking bug)
> Linux x64/x86 1.0.25
> Mac OS x64 1.0.24
>
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender isn't listing
> any specific version for libsndfile, given there's a bunch of CVE's fixed
> since 1.0.24, should we just straighten out all platforms on the latest
> version (1.0.28)?
>
> Second,libsndfile is one of the few libs we link dynamically on windows
> (and
> nobody seems to remember why), if we're gonna straighten out the lib
> versions
> on this, anyone mind if I switch this to static libs like most of our other
> externals?
>
> --Ray

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin