[Bf-committers] Libsndfile version mismatches

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Fri Sep 15 15:33:52 CEST 2017

While tracking down T52756, I stumbled on some version mismatches in our
versions of libsndfile.

Windows vc12 x86/x64 1.0.25
Windows vc14 x86/x64 1.0.26 (which has a seeking bug)
Linux x64/x86 1.0.25
Mac OS x64 1.0.24

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender isn't listing
any specific version for libsndfile, given there's a bunch of CVE's fixed
since 1.0.24, should we just straighten out all platforms on the latest
version (1.0.28)?

Second,libsndfile is one of the few libs we link dynamically on windows (and
nobody seems to remember why), if we're gonna straighten out the lib versions
on this, anyone mind if I switch this to static libs like most of our other
externals?

--Ray