[Bf-committers] 17.09.12 - grease pencil meeting notes

Jose ricarte at aixalanca.com
Tue Sep 12 20:59:25 CEST 2017

Hello, I am a user of blender since 2.31 version.

I am a 2D animator and I think GP is a great tool for developing 2D
animations in Blender. I have seen grease pencil meeting notes "and I
give my humble opinion.

A software currently more similar to GP is:
Moho ™ (Anime Studio) 2D Animation Software
http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-2D-animation-software.html

If you watch the demo videos you can see a good example workflow 2D
animation and tools very useful and powerful, which allow to develop 2D
animations in many styles.

On the other hand I think that Blender needs a specific workspace and
tool settings for GP that could be the definition of a 2D scene
importable to 3D space.

You also need tools for regular shapes: square circle, polygon and
polyline and the use of  stackable layers for objects as in all 2D
programs (Inkscape, Gimp .....) as it allows you to manage ed objects a
quick way.

Texturization of shapes and bones and other tools, as Moho ™ (Anime Studio)

And as a final part of an agnostic rendering engine for large projects (

And as if there is a dream:   the possibility of importing the "2D
animated scene" into the 3D space as a textured plane or also as a
texture of a 3D object (vector texture) and render the texture based on
its proximity to the camera which implies geometric textures without
pixelization. I think that years ago it became a plugin with Antigrain
in blender.

Thank you for your great work

Ciriaco

https://vimeo.com/157571580    Test made with  Anime Studio