[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - 2017-09-11
ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 11 20:01:52 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 16 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Note: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 18 Sept, 08 UTC (10 CEST)!
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Release Ahoy done! Builds are coming in now, they get a last test and then need to be synced
by the mirrors. Official release is tomorrow daytime EU.
- Bastien Montagne will do the git release tag tomorrow. He will also updates the bug fix
list and other changes since RC2.
- Pablo Vazquez manages the release log on blender.org, Francesco Siddi will do the release on Steam.
Campbell Barton will publish the source.tgz on the download site.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- A 2.8 splash (an Eevee render!) will be submitted this week.
- Dalai Felinto works on new doc with a good 2.8 design presentation (representing work
- Clement Foucault will work in Blender Institute this week one day. Goal is to schedule
6+ months of work on viewport.
- Joshua Leung accepted a Development Fund grant for 2 months to work on 2.9 Grease Pencil
and to help with triaging and bug tracker support.
- Attention module owners: please let us know what dependencies (libraries) need to be upgraded?
For example OpenSubdiv, Cmake, minimal OSX version, etc. Mail this to the bf-committers list.
- A topic to tackle soon: massive tracker cleanup - a lot of issues are not valid for 2.8x.
- We have to merge the 2.8 branch with master one day... not soon, but hopefully this year.
- Howard Trickey: the GSoC Vpaint branch is close to be merged in master. Campbell Barton reviews.
- Weekly reports:
Clement (soft shadow!):
3) Other projects
- Mike Erwin will pick up the Blender exporter for glTF:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers