[Bf-committers] experimental-build branch gone and back

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:37:23 CEST 2017

Hi all,

The "experimental-build" branch was a bit of a mess. I removed it in
the server and pushed again as a clean copy of master. Just delete
your local copy of it, and get a fresh one from the server.

And let's remember to be strict to how we use this branch (me included).
The steps still roughly are:

```
$ git fetch origin
$ git checkout my_local_branch
$ git merge origin/master
$ git checkout experimental-build
$ git reset --hard origin/experimental-build
$ git merge origin/master
$ git merge my_local_branch --squash -m'Testing something relevant'
$ git revert HEAD
$ git push origin
```

So basically:
* Don't revert commits manually, use git revert.
* Don't push before your changes are already reverted

This didn't happen twice at least:
* My own committing merging blender2.8 instead of master (sorry)
* Somewhere in the past so that dcae89e002 was needed (or dcae89e002
itself was a bad commit? I don't know and it shouldn't matter now).

Thank you all, and sorry for the inconvenience,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com