[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-10-09
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:37:58 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 08 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 16 Oct, 8 UTC (10 CEST).
1) Blender 2.79
We will need (a) release, but no rush so far.
2) Blender 2.80
* We have a design in place:
* Now the development team will prepare an attack plan for the
different projects. Similar to Eevee's roadmap.
* Hero production starts soon. Grease Pencil branch to be sent for
review no later than next week.
3) User interface
* The UI team is kindly requested to join forces and give a treatment
on top of the published 2.8 design document.
* Pablo Vazquez is already working on it - his mockups can be found
* Julian Eisel will write to bf-interface mailing list to propose
meeting in irc.
4) Other projects
* The studio of blender institute is going to announce a new open
movie that will use 2.8. Production will take most of 1st half 2018.
* Two new full-time coders will be required at the institute.
* "This week in Blender dev": Campbell Barton and Aaron Carlisle have
been working on experimental weekly report. Anyone interested on
helping, reply to email on bf-committers.
* "Project admins and module owners update": not much feedback so far,
so we assume everyone is happy with it. But further, module teams need
to be updated (in the wiki page).
* Google Summer of Code mentor summit: Ton Roosendaal will be
attending it next week. Anything to bring up just tell him.
5) Weekly reports
* Bastien Montagne:
* Campbell Barton:
* Clément Foucault:
* Dalai Felinto:
* Sergey Sharybin:
More information about the Bf-committers