[Bf-committers] Timeout error on updating phabricator patch

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 09:56:03 CEST 2017

Hi,

>From the name of the error it seems to be a a client side timeout (there is
no way server will use CURL to fetch any data from client).

If that's indeed a client side timeout, we will never be able to increase
that. It might also very well be some discruption in internet connection,
which we also can not make any more reliable.

If that's a server side timeone, then i need to be able to reproduce the
issue and be sore this is really an issue on our side. I am not doing any
changes in server configuration without being fully sure it is the right
thing to deal with this issue.

Attaching full log would have been a good start to get a proper
investigation to this issue.

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to: `arc diff origin/blender2.8 --update D2842` and I'm
> getting the following error:
>
> """
> [2017-10-06 00:02:05] EXCEPTION: (HTTPFutureCURLResponseStatus)
> [cURL/28] (https://developer.blender.org/api/differential.creatediff)
> <CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT> The request took too long to complete. at
> [<phutil>/src/future/http/HTTPSFuture.php:408]
> """
>
> My guess is that the patch may be too big to update. Can we increase
> the time or something else?
> (meanwhile I tested creating and updating a new patch, and it works
> fine - D2868 ).
>
> Thanks,
> Dalai
> --