[Bf-committers] Blender Development Forum Proposal

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed Nov 22 10:18:47 CET 2017

On 21/11/17 17:52, Aaron Carlisle wrote:
> While discord has some nice benefits there is something
> to be said about just sticking with the software we already use.

I think that from a usability perspective this may be the wrong
reasoning. Of course it's nice that people who already use dev.b.o can
then use something they're familiar with. However, if we want to attract
more people, who are new to the Blender ecosystem, we should look at
what *they* are used to. In that sense I think Discord will be the more
familiar/popular of the two (based on personal experience; I've seen
Discord before and heard different people say they use it, but never
heard of Ponder).

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

https://stuvelfoto.nl/