[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 - priorities reconsideration proposal (revised)

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 01:26:18 CET 2017

Hi,

Parts of the new tool-system may indeed be a can of worms. So agree,
it might be better to postpone it.

I don't think the part of the top-bar with the operator redo settings
should be postponed though. I've already done most of the work, and I
think it's a small task to get the rest done. At the same time,
outcome could be great.
To not spam this thread with top-bar discussion, I created a separate
thread in bf-interface
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-interface/2017-November/000272.html.
I will try to get further testing & feedback to see how far it is from
being done.

It also bothers me to still not see a proper mention of the keymap
revamp. "Workspace specific keymaps" would only be (minor) overrides
to the default keymap per workspace. Ton pointed out the keymap
changes may be part of templates. However, I think it really is its
own project.
Remember, redesigning our default keymap is unlikely to happen before
3.0 if we fail to deliver it for 2.8. At the very least, we should
discuss if this is acceptable or not.

Cheers
- Julian -