[Bf-committers] Cold Start Developer Help Needed!

Habib Gahbiche habibgahbiche at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 18:15:53 CET 2017

Hi,

if I understand correctly, you are not using proxies for your videos right?
When I try to edit 1080p videos, blender slows down considerably for me but
creating proxies solves the problem. See
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/editors/vse/sequencer/properties/proxy_timecode.html
for more details.

I can't comment much about the rest of your email since I'm only starting
with blender development myself, but I like the idea of having a forum
instead of relying on IRC.

best,
Habib.