[Bf-committers] CUDA Toolkit version was wrong on Windows Buildbot

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 09:20:52 CET 2017

Hi everyone,

Just informing that we had issue with wrong CUDA Toolkit version on our
Windows buildbot machine. This resulted in render times much lower than
same builds made by Linux buildbot machines.

At the end of this mail you'll see the exact numbers i've got on my desktop
(both Windows and Linux are same exact machine, with all latest updates
installed and Nvidia driver of version which currently their website
recommended to me).

There is still some difference in time, most likely due to more poor
threadability on Windows when building BVH. This is definitely on our list
of investigation.

For some reason, koro scene became slower. Why is it so? Not sure yet,
needs more investigation!

// ------

Windows, Blender 2.79, git, master, 9c7b89241df, Driver 388.31, CUDA
Toolkit 8.0.44

barbershop_interior: 14:42.75
bmw27: 02:36.54
classroom: 06:18.30
fishy_cat: 05:41.32
koro: 11:52.96
pavillon_barcelona: 12:19.02

// ------

Windows, Blender 2.79, git, master, 9c7b89241df, Driver 388.31, CUDA
Toolkit 8.0.61

barbershop_interior: 14:01.11
bmw27: 02:07.06
classroom: 04:44.07
fishy_cat: 06:05.19
koro: 12:23.52
pavillon_barcelona: 09:55.12

// ------

Linux, Blender 2.79, git, master, 9c7b89241df, Driver 384.98, CUDA Toolkit
8.0.61

barbershop_interior: 11:49.39
bmw27: 01:42.07
classroom: 04:19.59