[Bf-committers] Blender-code Questions

Danrae Pray blink.ornitier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 02:27:15 CET 2017

Thanks Jacob, but that forum looks more like it's for Blender "users"
rather than devs:

https://blender.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/1/what-questions-should-be-definitely-off-topic/6#6

and I don't think 2.8 questions are considered "on topic" on
blender.stackexchange.com anyway...  I had a simple 2.8 question about
planned features closed there last May for being off-topic b.c. 2.8 is in
"heavy development":

https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/79911/blender-2-8-eevee-cycles-viewport-display-modes-gone?noredirect=1#comment140647_79911

...and there is also this post now where the consensus seems to be that all
2.8 questions are in fact off-topic:

https://blender.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/2349/are-questions-about-the-2-8-branch-on-topic

I doubt there will be any serious help for people really trying to
contribute to Blender 2.8+ development there...  I appreciate your help
though!