[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-05-14

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 14 17:38:06 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 planning

- Planning proposal:
  June 4: BCon4, ends with test build
  June 18 or 25: The first Release Candidate

- Bugs bugs bugs! Looks like we have to assign the core developers to this again... at least to
get the release stable. Note however, *each* person who contributed to 2.79 should be kept
responsible for his/her area to help fixing.

- Also on todo: release logs. Again people committed features without release log info
or demo files.

- OpenColorIO library had a performance fix, waiting for new libs to build for the platforms.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

- Mike Erwin: now that we're at GL 3.3 core profile, can we delete the legacy parts?
Will send questions & plans to bf-viewport list.

3) Google Summer of Code and other projects

- Students will get an invitation this week for the student mailing list.
Tom Musgrove volunteered to make the wiki dashboard page, similar to the 2016 one.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2016

- Alexander Gavrilov (angavrilov) has patch ready for much better auto-handle insertion.
http://graphicall.org/1221
Is going to be tested, animators welcome! Main topic is if we need to keep compatibility
(if this even gives any problems).

- Kevin Dietrich wrote notes about a new Node System:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kevindietrich/NodeSystem

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands