[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-05-14
ton at blender.org
Sun May 14 17:38:06 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 planning
- Planning proposal:
June 4: BCon4, ends with test build
June 18 or 25: The first Release Candidate
- Bugs bugs bugs! Looks like we have to assign the core developers to this again... at least to
get the release stable. Note however, *each* person who contributed to 2.79 should be kept
responsible for his/her area to help fixing.
- Also on todo: release logs. Again people committed features without release log info
or demo files.
- OpenColorIO library had a performance fix, waiting for new libs to build for the platforms.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Mike Erwin: now that we're at GL 3.3 core profile, can we delete the legacy parts?
Will send questions & plans to bf-viewport list.
3) Google Summer of Code and other projects
- Students will get an invitation this week for the student mailing list.
Tom Musgrove volunteered to make the wiki dashboard page, similar to the 2016 one.
- Alexander Gavrilov (angavrilov) has patch ready for much better auto-handle insertion.
Is going to be tested, animators welcome! Main topic is if we need to keep compatibility
(if this even gives any problems).
- Kevin Dietrich wrote notes about a new Node System:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers