[Bf-committers] Blender developer weekly meeting notes: 2017-05-07
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 7 16:59:33 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
1) Blender 2.79 targets
- The targets list: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7
- Lukas Stockner has merged Denoise in master, release notes are comming
- For OpenCL Cycles, plan is to drop support of GCN1 AMD GPUs, seems to
be impossible to make them work (this only affects Cycles GPU rendering,
not GPU usage in Blender obviously).
- "Filmic Blender" OpenColorIO config: Brecht van Lommel has patch
(https://developer.blender.org/D2659), Sergey Sharybin is fine with it,
we can go to bcon3 after it gets in master.
- We move to bcon3 later today, or tomorrow!
- Some recent report (https://developer.blender.org/T51415) raised a bug
in the version of Python we are currently using for official builds,
we'd need to update to Python 3.5.3 to fix it. Though it's rather exotic
corner case, we aim at making Blender 2.79 rock stable, but for this we
need all platform maintainers to be around to update the lib, would be
nice to hear from OSX team.
- No news on splash yet, not really urgent anyway.
2) Blender 2.8
- General plan for next week is to switch to Core profile once and for
all, with minimal support for drawing DerivedMesh in awaiting of
- As a reminder, task https://developer.blender.org/T51202 gathers all
our current TODO's on new drawing code, all devs are welcome to pick
some if they'd like to!
3) GSoC 2017
- Google announced the students who get a summer of code grant on
- Congrats and welcome to all students, now is bounding period time,
mentors and students should get in touch, the laters start setting up
building of Blender, etc.
That’s all for today, thanks,
More information about the Bf-committers