[Bf-committers] Project Ideas

Mikey C mikeyanthocab at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:18:59 CEST 2017

Hello,

My name is Michael Cabrera and write in the interest of applying to your
program. I believe that my experience and skills would be beneficial for
the both of us. While I am writing with tardiness, I do urge you to still
consider my candidacy.

Over the past two semesters, I have taken multiple Computer Science courses
at Loyola. Though they were my introduction to the field, I would like to
point out that I excelled in both classes despite my lack of initial
familiarity. I hope that this shows my willingness and quickness in
learning. I like to think that I can acquire new skills rapidly. More
importantly, the aforementioned classes have sparked both a fiery passion
and curiosity in all areas of computer science. My experience may be
limited, but my hunger to know more is voracious: I am determined and most
willing to learn. Currently, I've studied Python and Java to great length,
but would be interested in learning C/C++.
I also have a strong art background. In my final years of High School, I
undertook the International Baccalaureate program. I took Visual Art for
one of my required Higher Level courses. I ended the program with a 6 out
of 7 for IB HL Visual Art, and especially excelled in the exhibition
portion of the course. My exhibition piece consisted of mostly 3D pieces.
As such, I would have strong design skills to help sculpt digital images.
I would also like to ask for help coming up with project ideas for my
application. I would typically like to combine my knowledge of python with
digital imaging of some sort, but am eager to take any suggestions.

If I can answer any more questions or provide you with any more
information, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

I thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to hearing from
you.

All the best,

- Michael Cabrera