[Bf-committers] GSoC 2017: Cycles features & Package management

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed Mar 22 15:13:58 CET 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 02:41:19PM +0100, Andreas Klostermann wrote:
> Regarding a package manager: I think one of the key features should
> be a way to handle dependencies between addons.

I think the scope is already pretty well defined at
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/PackageManager

Let's not add extra complexity on top of that, but focus on an
elegant, basic solution first.

> I'd also like to volunteer to put some effort into an asyncio
> integration. There are a couple of ways to install an event loop
> into Blender, and some extra functionality to expose blender's event
> handling would also be nice.

That would be nice! Possibly such integration could make it into
Blender itself, but that's for another dicussion (T47811).

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

https://cloud.blender.org/
https://stuvelfoto.nl/