[Bf-committers] Python Benchmark Project Gsoc 2017

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:47:13 CET 2017

Hi Rohit,

sorry for the delayed reply - sometimes emails fall through the cracks.

Compiling Blender is always a good start as is reading the documentation :)

For the project you are interested in,

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017/Ideas#Benchmark_Project

It sounds like your experience would be relevant to the task.

You might want to hang out on irc and ask questions - your question is a
bit open ended and clarifying exactly what you'd like to know would
probably be easier with a irc back and forth conversation - also that is
where most developer discussion takes place in general so a good start of
'being part of the community' :)

Another good way to 'get involved' with the community is blenderartists.org
and discuss the idea with artists.

You can also to patches for small features or bugfixes - it will help you
to get comfortable with our development tools (git, patch tracker, code
review).

https://developer.blender.org/

Good luck,

Tom M.