[Bf-committers] Blender Mantaflow integration

Sebastián Barschkis sebbas at sebbas.org
Mon Mar 13 22:00:55 CET 2017

Hi!

glad to hear that and thanks for the encouraging words!

Yes, there is a new "no python" option. However, I wasn't part of it's development and so far, there weren't any plans to use it in Blender.
I'll have to ask Nils (not sure if he's on this list) about the purpose of this API.

Although the plan for Blender is still to build the new fluid solver around Python and geared towards a nodes setup, it still might be nice to work a bit on this C++ API. That way, we could replicate a Manta Python scene in plain C++ and see how it compares to the current Python script approach performance-wise (get some numbers).

And yes, I'd say involvement is definitely welcome! I can ask Nils about the Manta C++ API plans and who's currently working on it. Other than that, help with getting the branch stable and ready for review is also appreciated.

Best wishes,
Sebastián