[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-06-25
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 25 16:37:09 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
Short meetings, many active devs are away...
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Things seem to be going OK, not much critical reports from first
testbuild, known issues are being investigated. Please keep testing!
- Also check the release log in progress.
- And of course the bug tracker needs love, it has way too many open
2) The Blender 2.8 project
- Sergey Sharybin committed initial version of CoW/DEG in blender2.8
branch on monday, behind a build option.
- Campbell Barton's custom manipulators are getting lots of user
interest on tracker and internet.
- Eevee new rendering engine has all “light probes” implemented
(reflection planes, reflection cubemap, irradiance volume)
So things are going as planned.
Some important notes:
- 2.8 bug reports are accumulating, do not forget tracker for 2.8 branch
- Also, if you are interested in 2.8 progress do not forget the mailing
lists, especially bf-viewport one.
- There was some compatibility-breaking change in Eevee that needs
manual versionning of old 2.8 files, see
3) GSoC and other projects
- Google summer of code: First evaluation happens this week! To all
mentors, please be sure to submit yours, ideally before the deadline
(Friday the 30th). Our admin list not on holidays or so is growing
short, better to avoid last-minutes stress. ;)
- Also, friendly reminder to all users interested in some GSoC
project(s): the sooner you invest some time on checking students' work
and give constructive feedback, the better are the chances of the
project to be merged in master swiftly.
More information about the Bf-committers