[Bf-committers] Collada test files. How to organize, where to place?

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Jun 18 21:01:38 CEST 2017

Hi;

I am creating some blend files for testing the Collada exporter
and Importer. I want to add a bit of python scripting so that
Blender can be called from a shell script, open a test blend file,
execute some activitieslike exporting some items, import them
back and do some checks.

Now i have questions:

1.) How can those blend files be used for some sort of automatic
     testing to ensure during building Blender that the module
     creates consistent results? I know there is some test environment
     but i am still a bitunsure how to work with it.

2.) Where is a good place to setup such a test collection?
     I guess this is good? :

         blender/tests/collada/...

     But maybe there is a better place?

3.) Alsoif there is any demo for how to setup a blend file for
     testingpurposes, please can you point me there? I thought i
     had found something a while back but i no longer can find it.

Thanks for any tip and advise on that :)

Cheers,
Gaia