[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-06-18
ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 18 17:37:05 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- A test build is available!
- Also check the release log in progress.
- We're no in BCon4, means that we only do essential bug fixing for 1-2 weeks.
- Look at the bug tracker, it has way too many open issues :/
2) The Blender 2.8 project
- Sergey Sharybin worked on a "copy on write" system for dependency updates (scene data).
Will commit everything tomorrow. This system allows scene data to co-exist in multiple states, or on
- Campbell Barton committed the first 'custom manipulators' for Operators.
A user posted it on twitter, social media loves this!
- Also new, a Cloth sim and Grease Pencil article on the code blog:
3) GSoC and other projects
- Google summer of code students: next week the first evaluation happens.
- Joey Ferwerda announces a hackaton sprint (15+ devs) on OpenHMD in July.
We then will also setup an official buildbot for binary downloads.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers