[Bf-committers] proposal for a small UI improvement for driver setup

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun Jun 4 13:06:48 CEST 2017

The current solution to this situation is also not a good idea i believe :)

However, isn't there a difference here between ?

- a global definition in user preferences
- a session related setting

In that sense i believe my proposal is not that bad, as it allows to
set the autorun option right on spot (where the drivers are defined)
but only for the current session. And it avoids the display of an error
and it seemsvery intuitive to me.

Also i believe when there is a bad idea at all here, then it is to force
the user to enable scripting when all they want is to use drivers.
Of course i know Campbell has put some effort into this to see how python
could be made more secure so that using it within drivers would no longer
be a security problem, and "python in drivers" could be always enabled.
But as far as  i know there is no satisfying solution for this,
so drivers still need to have auto run enabled.

Anyways, it was just a proposal, if its not useful, then its ok for me.
I asked at least :)

cheers,
Gaia