[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-07-31
foucault.clem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:59:00 CEST 2017
Hi, meeting notes for today's Blender 2.8 planning.
= Last Week =
* Bastien (mont29) was focused mostly on 2.79 release tasks, and did some
tracker work. https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Foundation/
* Campbell (ideasman42) resolved issues in manipulator API, some glitches
and crashes, and finished the face-map addon (https://www.youtube.com/watch
?v=SiN8HeAniVM). You can test his facemaps with this file
er/vincent_28.blend . He also wrote memory allocator for draw manager to
adress some performance issues.
* Clément (hypersomniac) spent last week on polishing and optimising SSRs
and revamping the GPU "Profiler" (you can see it using Ctrl+Alt+D and
entering a value > 20). He still didn't have time for refraction.
* Luca (LucaRood) did mostly non-code work last week. As for code, he
replaced all the DerivedMesh with Mesh, in the cloth modifier, but was not
able to test yet, because of issues with updating time dependent modifiers.
And a bit of bug tracking.
= This Week =
* Bastien (mont29) will focus on assets manager and will write a blog post
* Campbell (ideasman42) will keep working on manipulators, (not facemaps,
but for tools) some from https://developer.blender.org/T51844. And general
dev/fixes- draw manager.
* Clément (hypersomniac) will continue his commitment to eevee.
Implementing refraction first (first using probes, then screen space). Then
fix the AO for performance and quality reasons.
* Luca (LucaRood) will be evaluating the possibilities regarding the
simulation systems, and will come up with a proposal. He also plan on doing
some general bug fixing.
More information about the Bf-committers