[Bf-committers] Blender weekly developer meeting notes: 2017-07-30

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 30 17:43:32 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 release

- Release log in progress:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.79

- We'll do the Release Candidate this week, most likely tomorrow (yes,
it was delayed a bit).

- SIGGRAPH week in Los Angeles, Blender is there of course!
https://www.blender.org/events/

2) Blender 2.8 project

- Eevee is getting nice attention, new copy-on-write/depsgraph/animation
work was not ready enough to be demo'ed at SIGGRAPH.

- The  usuaL Monday morning team meeting will now take place on public
#blendercoders IRC channel.

- Campbell Barton wrote an add-on to demonstrate 2.8 manipulator API
usage, doing face-map:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/BAC/browse/master/object_facemap_auto

3) Google Summer of Code, other projects

- Second round of evaluation is done, 5 projects successfully passed, we
had to fail one though.
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5768612708089856/

- Ellwood Zwovic made a video to show his progress on his Add-on Package
Manager project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_iBVNmeBdM

- Rhoan Rathi made Windows, Linux and OSX builds for his “Edit Custom
Normals” project, please test them:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?427746-GSoC-2017-Normal-Editing-Tools&p=3222185&viewfull=1#post3222185

Thanks,
Bastien