[Bf-committers] Blender weekly developer meeting notes: 2017-07-30
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 30 17:43:32 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Release log in progress:
- We'll do the Release Candidate this week, most likely tomorrow (yes,
it was delayed a bit).
- SIGGRAPH week in Los Angeles, Blender is there of course!
2) Blender 2.8 project
- Eevee is getting nice attention, new copy-on-write/depsgraph/animation
work was not ready enough to be demo'ed at SIGGRAPH.
- The usuaL Monday morning team meeting will now take place on public
#blendercoders IRC channel.
- Campbell Barton wrote an add-on to demonstrate 2.8 manipulator API
usage, doing face-map:
3) Google Summer of Code, other projects
- Second round of evaluation is done, 5 projects successfully passed, we
had to fail one though.
- Ellwood Zwovic made a video to show his progress on his Add-on Package
- Rhoan Rathi made Windows, Linux and OSX builds for his “Edit Custom
Normals” project, please test them:
More information about the Bf-committers