[Bf-committers] importing multipule alembic files in python. possible bug?

Levon levonh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 12:42:48 CEST 2017

Not sure if this is a bug, or im not using correctly, so thought ild email
here before submitting a bug report

Trying to import a number of alembic files using the following python code

import os

directory = *directory with alembic files*
files = os.listdir(directory)
print (files)
for file in files:
    bpy.ops.wm.alembic_import(filepath= directory + file )

With files = ['alem1.abc', 'alem2.abc', 'alem3.abc', 'alem4.abc']
each alembic file is just a duplicated Cube at a different location, and
with a different name ( Cube.001, Cube.002 etc)

What I get is only alem1.abc and alem4.abc being imported, however the
console prints {'FINISHED'} for each file, 4 times.

When i try the same script on a list of 30 larger alembic files, similarly,
only the first and last files are imported.

what I suspect is happening, the alembic importer doesn't block the blender
interface, and trying to run the operator concurrently doesn't import the
files

Is there a better way of doing this? or is it a bug?

Tested in blender Buildbot july 27th 5c963128ea2

Thanks.