[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-07-24

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 09:59:06 CEST 2017

Hi,

Just to state the obvious. the "closed" nature of those meetings did not
happen due to attempts to isolate anyone. At the early days we were having
long (2+ hours) meetings, discussion and trying to lay down strong core
concepts. That wouldn't be efficient at all to occupy public channel for
such amount of time and ask everyone else to stay silent. Besides, they
were never secret, everyone knew about them.

Nowadays we've got all core designs in place, we know exactly where each
team is going to, so meetings are much shorter now. So we can totally
occupy #blendercoders with those meetings without worrying that we are
silencing everyone else for too long.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Julian Eisel <eiseljulian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Meeting agrees we don't like to do planning behind closed-doors and to
> > to move future meetings into #blendercoders
> > So others can more easily be involved in 2.8x development.
> Good to hear! Was pretty disappointed about the closed 2.8 meetings.
> Volunteers weren't invited either, as if you didn't want any to work
> on 2.8...
> Anyway, I definitely support the move to #blendercoders :)
>
> On 25 July 2017 at 20:02, Mike Erwin <significant.bit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>

> >> Meeting agrees we don't like to do planning behind closed-doors and to
> >> to move future meetings into #blendercoders
> >> So others can more easily be involved in 2.8x development.
> >>

> > Yes!!! An open development process is one of our greatest advantages.
> >
> > Mike Erwin
> > musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin