[Bf-committers] Blender dependencies scripts in main repo

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Jul 25 01:59:01 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I would like to get the scripts used to build library dependencies on
Windows and macOS committed to the main Blender repository. Currently these
scripts are on GitHub:
https://github.com/LazyDodo/blender_dependencies
https://github.com/brechtvl/blender_dependencies/tree/apple

They could go into build_files/dependencies, and be invoked through "make
dependencies".

There are some code style differences, and various cleanups could be done
as well. But I would like to know if others agree this is the right way to
go, before spending time on making a branch / code review. Any
objections/concerns about this?

I've also ported the scripts to Linux, which wasn't a big step from macOS.
I'd love to have a unified system for all platforms to generate a static
release binary from scratch, but that's a more complicated discussion.

Thanks,
Brecht.