[Bf-committers] Blender weekly Blend

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 23 17:25:55 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 release

- Release log in progress:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.79

- There's a splash! As usual it's a surprise until committed :)

- We're ready for the Release Candidate this week. Probably wednesday.

- End of the week SIGGRAPH starts in Los Angeles. We will be showing 2.79RC and the 2.8 branch.
https://www.blender.org/events/

2) Blender 2.8 project

- The  usuaL Monday morning team meeting will have more details about 2.8 progress

- Bastien Montagne agreed on writing a code blog update report on his work on Assets in Blender.
(And "Overrides", linking, referencing, etc)

3) Google Summer of Code, other projects

- The coming week is the 2nd evaluation, projects are now on 2/3rd of the process.
Please join the SOC mailing list to get all the details:

- Tristan Porteries' proposal to use Eevee shaders in the BGE has not resulted in a generally agreed
working plan yet. It might lead to code redundancy or limited (or differently working) results.
More discussion or reviews of the proposal is needed. We might need to accept his proposal as first step?

Thanks,

-Ton-