[Bf-committers] Eevee and BGE proposal.

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 14:53:57 CEST 2017

Hi Tristan,
Thanks for writing this. Sergey and I just finished looking at it.

The proposal is missing a big picture. What is it trying to achieve?
It seems to simply try to bring Eevee materials into BGE, without any
extra benefit.

If that’s the only goal of this project, I would at least expect it to
not interfere with the rest of Blender. For example, the idea of
changing Eevee to accommodate to a common API seems not ideal.

That said, we have an opportunity to do something bigger. Which would
be to integrate interactivity with the rest of Blender. That’s a
bigger undertake for sure, but I was under the impression that this
was the original idea for after 2.7. It’s not clear if this was
considered, or why was it dismissed.

Regards,
Dalai and Sergey
--