[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-07-10
sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 10:38:40 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's Blender 2.8 planning meeting.
= Previous week =
* Bastien was workign on bug fixes and ID copying refactor (making it more
flexible, usuable by Copy-on-Write without hacks). Detailed report:
* Clément was working on several Eevee bug fixes. Finished world
volumetrics and started transparency. Detailed report:
* Dalai worked on bring UBO (Uniform Buffer Objects) for nodetree inputs.
That means we can have shader tweaking and animation work fast, without
compromising the drawing performance. This is yet not finished though.
* Luca did exclusively bug fixing and a bit of triaging. Started on image
empty support for 2.8.
* Sergey was mainly working on bug fixes for 2.79, including fixes for new
depsgraph. Detailed report
= This Week =
* Bastien will keep working on ID copying, tracker work, maybe static
override again if first one is done sooner than expected.
* Campbell will be doing more manipulators and tangent related 2.8 bugs.
* Clément will finish basic transparency, with sorting per object. Do the
DEG update thing for probes and maybe start screen space reflection.
* Dalai will finish finish tweaking shader and animation updated uniforms
patch. And then decide on what is more important next.
* Luca will commit empty images support on Monday. Keep working on 2.8
* Sergey will resume work on Copy-on-Write, hopefully making it enabled by
default end of the week.
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin
More information about the Bf-committers