[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes - 2017-07-09

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 9 18:16:00 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 release

- Test build 2 is really going to be made now!
The build team is standby, call will be out on monday or tuesday.

- The first release candidate then can be made a week later.

- Release log is still in progress. Vuk Gardašević (lijenstina) helps.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.79

- Tracker, tracker, tracker!
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/2/type/Bug/query/open/

2) Blender 2.8

- There's a tracker for Blender 2.8 issues, but this is currently only open for those who are involved.
If you need the url or want to know if it's worth adding, ask one of the regulars.

- Antonio Vazquez reminds us we like to see a (temp) splash for the 2.8 branch.
Proposal: we switch every month (on the 1st). Each time one 2.8 dev can select a splash, and selects a splash judge for next month. Before committing, splashes need to be checked by one of the core devs or run it via me :)

3) GSoC and other projects

- All students passed the first checkpoint. However, some of them under probation. Now is the chance to shine!