[Bf-committers] My Blender fork project

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Jul 6 10:22:30 CEST 2017

Hi,

To be honest, I think you are severely underestimating the amount of work
required, and if you are not an experienced developer yet you might want to
start with a smaller scoped project. Like making a proof of concept addon
with the full Blender application and Python API.

Porting to a new platform like Android, iOS or UWP could take 6 months each.

For disabling features, Blender has CMake options for building without
certain features. This would be much easier to maintain than actually
removing the code. Blender is continuously evolving and bugs are fixed
every day. Reducing the binary size is probably not the first thing to
worry about with a project like this.

Regards,
Brecht.