[Bf-committers] Please merge your master work in blender2.8 immediately

Gaia Clary gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Wed Jul 5 11:35:58 CEST 2017

Hi, Bastien;

I have been trying to do the requested merge but i failed to understand
how to do it.
I followed advise from IRC and documentation from git and i ended up
doing this:

git checkout master
git fetch
git pull --rebase
git checkout blender2.8
git merge master

This did not merge my most recent commits from master to blender2.8. So
after
trying out a lot of things to fix that, i finally deleted the git
repository from my
computer and cloned it again according to the documentation here:

     https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Git

Then i tried again to merge master into blender2.8
However all my recent changes in master still do not
show up in blender2.8 regardless what i try.

I am sure that i overlook something very basic here, but i just can not
figure out what the problem is. I know i am supposed to know how to
work with git. But please can you give me a tip how to proceed as i am
totally stuck :(

thanks a lot,
cheers,
Gaia