[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-07-02
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 3 10:06:43 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
1) Blender 2.79 release
- We shall be doing another testbuild this week, enough bugs were fixed
already to be worth it.
- Release log is still in progress, needs love.
- Tracker, tracker, tracker! We have too much bugs open, even some
untriaged/ unchecked ones still.
- It's also important to tag as such regressions (i.e. bugs introduced
in master, that were not present in latest official stable release, and
that affect already existing features, not new ones). Those are show
stoppers for release.
2) The Blender 2.8 project
- Sergey Sharybin will be back working on CoW/DEG (Copy on Write and
depsgraph) topics (they are hidden behind build option in current
blender2.8 branch), modifiers etc. should be fully working with Eevee soon!
- Tristan Porteries wrote to the bf-committers mailing list a proposal
of integration between BGE and Eevee, everyone interested is welcome to
check on it.
- Campbell Barton did a fix in our internal OpenGL code handling (the
"batches creation"), things are now 10x faster when e.g. switching to
Edit mode, it’s now at least as quick as in 2.7x series.
- The bug that was affecting some old graphic cards (the ones that
couldn't do more than opengl 3.3) on Windows has been fixed, users on
that kind of configurations can hence resume testing Blender2.8 daily
builds from the buildbot.
- The grease pencil team will publish updated docs this week.
Some important notes:
- 2.8 bug reports are still accumulating, do not forget tracker for 2.8
branch as well! As a reminder, this is mostly used by developers to keep
track of known issues and TODO's for now, user should typically not
report 2.8 bugs yet.
- If you are interested in 2.8 progress do not forget the mailing lists,
especially bf-viewport one.
3) GSoC and other projects
- Summer of code: First evaluations are now done and complete, Google
will announce the results.
- Usual reminder to all users interested in some GSoC project(s) to test
students work sooner than later. :)
That’s it for this week,
More information about the Bf-committers