[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - 29-01-2017

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 29 17:48:38 CET 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) The 2.78b performance update

- Meeting agrees on not adding fixes in the release, too risky and it would need proper testing.
  Only (tested :) performance improvements will be applied.

- Sergey Sharybin will handle the last mergers and call for release in a few days.

2) Blender 2.79 targets

- The release target list didn't change last week:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7

- Nu hurries here, we can update the list in the coming weeks.
Suggested is to freeze the target list end of next month.

3) Blender 2.8

- Proposal: organise an IRC meeting next week to discuss progress and planning for 2.8.
This will be on a weekday, Ton Roosendaal will check with key participants on a good moment
and mail it to this list.

- Julian Eisel accepted 1 month Development Fund grant to work on workspace code, with the Blender Institute.

- Fracture Modifier team will have a design proposal for shards and caches ready this week.

- No Blender 101 news. Mike Pan is working on a revised proposal (doc) now.

4) Google Summer of Code

- We still have 10 days to complete/update the Ideas page. Comes back next meeting.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017/Ideas

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands